Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A La Mode

So, last week I told you all about my expertise in the art of cupcakes. This is not to say I am myself an expert cupcake maker. No, no, I'm all about the art of taste testing. And the sugar highs associated with this line of work.

Last week I also said that my latest encounter with the cupcakes at Jones Bros. (Omaha, Neb.) was second only to one other gourmet cupcake. So now I present Cupcake A La Mode.

All of this Kansas City original's baked goods are a variation of your good ol' chocolate and vanilla. But with the creative frosting options, these bakers have transformed a regular cupcake into a thing of  beauty. And awesomeness. And deliciousness.

The cupcake that takes the cake, in my opinion, is the Raspberry Lemonade cupcake, a vanilla cake topped with raspberry and lemon buttercream, and accented with a sugar lemon wedge. This cupcake is practically refreshing.

I've also thoroughly enjoyed the ChocoLatte, Amaretto Sweet, Peanut Butter Kiss, and Stuffed French Toast. I would love to have tried them all at some point, but I always get distracted by the Raspberry Lemonade. It's a win:win cupcake every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment