Thursday, August 22, 2013

What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?

So, yesterday I wrote about how one of the talks during the TEDxKC event in 2012 asked the question: "What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"


I've thought about that question a lot, and I can't decide on an answer.

First of all, we need to set some ground rules here. Are we talking about having the ability to access talents that we didn't have before? Because if I knew I could not fail, I'd probably sign up for American Idol or start playing the piano.

But if I were limited to utilizing the skills I already have, my options get a whole lot scarier. Basically, I realized this question forces me to face my biggest fears and determine what's holding me back. Maybe I would pursue a career in another country. Maybe I would blog without inhibition and fear of criticism or judgement. Or maybe I would pursue love with reckless abandon, knowing my heart could not be broken.

This question came to mind again today when I stumbled upon this beautiful Tumblr titled "What would you do if you weren't afraid?" I glimpsed some amazing stories and identified further in my quest to determine what I would do if I truly knew I could not fail.








(Photos from If You Weren't Afraid Tumblr blog, brought to you by the Lean In team)

No comments:

Post a Comment