Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Twenty-Five and Counting

This past September my parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. My siblings and I knew we wanted to do something very special for our folks, to help celebrate this major milestone, so we decided to build a keepsake book full of childhood pictures taken with our parents. We added our own written thoughts and arranged the book chronologically, from when my parents first met, to the birth of their first child (me) and all the way to present day.

I took on majority of the responsibility when it came to curating the pictures and formatting the design. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy  and affordable  it was to use the self-publishing site MyPublisher.com. The program started off with a few simple templates, which I could easily work to my liking, and in just a few short days, the completed project was placed on my doorstep.  In the end, the book was a major hit, and we really enjoyed flipping through the pages as a family.




No comments:

Post a Comment